As a Front Office Clerk with Humane Ohio you will know you have made a difference in the lives of animals and their caregivers each and every day. The workday begins at 7:15am and typically ends by 6:00pm. The clinic is currently open Monday-Friday, but weekend hours are available on occasion. No evening hours or holidays will be required, helping you maintain a healthy work-life balance. Part-time and full-time opportunities are currently available. Our front off, as with the rest of the clinic, is fast-paced and always busy.
Front office staff are responsible for overall operations of the front office including, but not limited to, assisting with intake and/or release, entering all client records into the software system and creating reports, answering phone calls, assisting clients at the front desk and providing top notch customer service to all clientele.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee operations of check in and check out.
- Provide in-person and telephone client services and answer questions. Ensure quality client service. Ensure that owners are happy and comfortable that they are leaving their pets in a safe and loving environment. Be passionate about the Humane Ohio mission and look for ways to make our clients’ day.
- Assist in answering phones, making appointments and calling no shows.
- Maintain complete records for all patients.
- Enter in all paperwork daily.
- Make post-surgery calls daily for owned dogs and cats.
- Create rabies certificates.
- Ensure proper paperwork goes home with each patient.
- Oversee trap rental program.
- Maintain literature rack in lobby and keep all front office forms stocked.
- Balance cash drawer and deposit daily including credit card machine.
- Keep front counter and lobby area clean and organized.
- Oversee phone calls, online booking and email appointment requests. Ensure 24 hour or less response time for all contacts. Provide in-person and telephone client services and answer questions.
- Oversee the client schedule and ensure proper daily appointment numbers. Adapt to any shifts in the schedule due to weather, cancellations or other changes.
- Provide reports as requested.
- Keep office area clean and organized.
- Report employee or client problems to management.
- Assist with getting testimonials and photos of clients and donors.
- Other duties as requested and necessary for efficient functioning of the clinic.
Requires a High School Diploma, GED or equivalent. Post-secondary education in animal related sciences or customer service is a plus.
Key Qualifications and Characteristics:
Candidates are encouraged to have a minimum of one year customer service experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts including but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks.
- Must also be able to communicate basic veterinary concepts to owners and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian.
- Must be able to communicate with the public on a daily basis in a professional manner both in-person and on the phone.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately enter data into the software system.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds repeatedly.
- Must be able to bend and kneel.
- Must be able to respond calmly and quickly to a variety of situations (with training).
Desired Personal Traits:
- Ability to rapidly and accurately process information and make decisions.
- Ability to recognize a need for assistance and ask for help.
- Ability to cope with frustrating situations and remain calm.